Friday, January 1, 2016

Getting My Site Noticed

Creating a meta tag and description made a lot of sense to me when I read the Wiki. I understood the purpose and how it could help my site. At first, I struggled a little bit with how to set mine up. WordPress allows me to edit the code, but only so much. I was excited to discover that WordPress had builtin plug-ins that allow you to set up SEO.



I used a general description of the bakery including the city/location and the main business product (wedding and specialty cakes). This was pretty easy to set up. I need to do more research on meta tags though to ensure they are working as efficiently as possible.

I registered my site on Google, AddMe.com, and Submit Express (which added it to various search engines). In addition to these tools, I would add the website to the business Facebook + Twitter pages. There is a lot of traffic to business social media pages, so this would encourage those visitors to go to the page to seek more information.

Registering the site with Search Engines was a lot easier than I expected. I figured it would take days and tons of approvals to get the site registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment