Saturday, January 2, 2016

Interacting With Consumers

For this assignment, we focused on adding interaction to our webpages. I was not sure what type of interaction I would need. Discussion boards and forums didn't seem to make sense. I felt these type of interactions made sense on Facebook. I decided to go with a page counter and an email database.

It would be great to have an email database, so we can send consumers special promotions and coupons. This would not only benefit the consumer, but could drive more store traffic. I was impressed with how easy WordPress made this to set up. The benefit of WordPress are all the plug-ins. They take one second to install and then you have a new asset to your page. 

I also installed a page counter. This would be good information for the bakery, so they can see how many people are visiting their page. For a small business, this information could be valuable. We want to know how many people are coming to our page. It would be even better if we could hone in one where these people are coming from and who they are. There are additional plug-ins that allow you to capture more information. I plan on looking into this more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment