Monday, January 4, 2016

Shopping Methods

Like I mentioned in my previous post, there are so many WordPress plug-ins. Adding features to a webpage has never been easier. I started my research by Googling different payment methods. I found an article that talked about WordPress specific payment methods, so I started to read it.

LINK: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/wordpress-paypal-plugins

As I browsed through these, I read each description and wanted to find something that made sense for this project. Some of the plug-ins were designed for music, downloads, etc. I wanted something simple and straightforward.

I finally settled with the Simple eCommerce plug-in. It was extremely easy to set up and within minutes it was up and running. While WordPress really limits me with how I can edit the HTML, it is a QUICK way to get a website up and running. I purchased a few books this weekend about WordPress and how to create a "child theme" so I can edit the HTML. I am excited to learn more about this and take my website one step further.

No comments:

Post a Comment